Monday, May 17, 2010

CO2

First of all let me state my position. I love this planet and I would like to see it kept a nice place for all future generations. That said I also believe that carbon credits are a scam and just making certain people very wealthy.

Carbon is the basis of (just about) all life on earth. The planet is a closed system with carbon in the air and carbon in the earth/plants/animals/etc. The trick is to have a balance of carbon in the air. Plants take it out of the air and put it back in the ground/animals/etc. If there is not enough CO2 in the air then we would be too cold, too much and we would be too hot.

I also believe that global warming is not purely caused by humans, plus people really need to stop beating themselves up on how much their car pollutes. YES I drive an SUV, actually I drive a truck and an SUV. Why, because they are more comfortable and safer. Yes they are safer, did you ever pay attention or take a physics class? Oh and yes I have already proven that the higher/larger SUV has saved my wife, unborn baby, and my life.

There are a ton of causes of excessive amounts of CO2 in the atmosphere and the answer is to do everything we can to embrace technology for our energy needs. Beyond the political issues, the economy is very important. Many will say "how can you care more about the economy than the planet!!!!". Simple, I am in touch with reality and the bottom line for almost everyone is their pocket books. Liberals, Conservatives, if you don't have money then you can't do anything, it is as simple as that.

Lets start using more natural gas, wind, solar, hydroelectric, and duh! NUCLEAR! Yes it has a nasty byproduct but nuclear is the easiest cleanest way we have of generating a lot of power...TODAY. As newer technologies get better then you slowly decommission old nuclear plants and move forward.

Oh and I am not the first (by far) and not the last, stop buying oil from overseas, use ours. It cost money and energy to ship it and money flows out of our country when it needs to stay here.

No comments:

Post a Comment